- The first Latvian rivalry was in the 18th November at the 1993-94 season, between Sandis Ozoliņš, Artūrs Irbe (Sharks) and Sergejs Žoltoks (Bruins) . Sergejs Žoltoks scored his first goal in NHL career (third game in season, fourth in career). Bruins won Sharks with 3-1 at home. Artūrs Irbe saved 30 of 33 shots and recorded a loss. P.S. in Latvia 18th November is declaration of independence day.
- In 22nd February, 1999-00 season game between Herberts Vasiļjevs (Thrashers) and Sandis Ozoliņš (Avalanche) , Herberts Vasiļjevs scored his first goal in NHL career. Thrashes won that game against Avalanche with 4-3 at road, Sandis Ozoliņš recorded two goals.
- Between 10th and 16th May, season 2002-03 Sergejs Žoltoks (Wild) and Sandis Ozoliņš (Mighty Ducks) competed in Western Conference final. Mighty Ducks won the series 4-0. Both Sergejs Žoltoks and Sandis Ozoliņš didn't get any points in the series.
- Ronalds Ķēniņš (Canucks) played his NHL debut game in 30th January (season 2014-15) against Zemgus Girgensons (Sabres). Canucks won that 5-2 at home, Zemgus Girgensons recorded an assist.
Latvian NHL players who has played as teammates
- Pēteris Skudra recorded his first shutout in NHL career while Viktors Ignatjevs recorded his only point in NHL playing as teammates in Penguins 1998-1999 season.
- Sandis Ozoliņš and Artūrs Irbe has played 12 games against each other while 230 as teammates.
- Herberts Vasiļjevs and Pēteris Skudra has played one game against each other and one game as teammates.